We are so excited that you are interested in WWKD’s Instagram takeover, #MyRoyalWeekend! Below, you will find all the information on what we would need from a participant, 10 great reasons why you should join the initiative and some frequently asked questions.
What do we need from you?
What we are looking for are original photographs of how you have sought inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge and incorporated that inspiration into your life. This can be anything at all – everything from how you referenced Pippa’s cookbook to find a recipe that Kate’s grandmother made to a repliKate item you found while on a shopping trip, to a weekend getaway to the country or how you baked an apple pie with your own Prince and Princesses.
What we’re looking to capture from you are ways that you incorporate elements of a royal life – specific to the Duchess of Cambridge – into your daily life. The images are pre-submitted to the WWKD team, so there is no need for you to do a “live” recap. We are looking to get a sense of ways you live your life more regally and then share them with our readers over the course of a weekend.
- We require the submission of 6 images with captions and one profile picture.
- The images must be original – meaning you took them yourself, or have explicit written permission from the photographer to use them.
- Images must be in JPG format.
- The images must be relatable to the Duchess of Cambridge in some way which will be detailed in the caption that you provide to WWKD to accompany the photo.
- One profile picture in JPG format should accompany the submission for recap article and promotions.
- The submission of images implies authorization for WWKD to post the images on WWKD’s Instagram, blog and related social media accounts.
- A minimum of 4 of the 6 images must be new content – meaning they have not been posted on your social media accounts or websites. It is fine to have posted a version of the image previously, however, we are ideally looking for new content.
- We ask that you refrain from posting the images on your own social media accounts until 24 hours after the final image has been shared on WWKD’s Instagram Accounts.
- The WWKD Editorial team will share the images over a designated 48 hour weekend period on WWKD’s Official Instagram page.
- Images will be attributed to you with credit as per your request.
- WWKD will supply you with a customized graphic for Instagram which you can use should you choose to announce your takeover.
- All images will be shared using the #MyRoyalWeekend hashtag.
- Links to your profiles will be included and shared on WWKD social media accounts.
- On the Monday following the #MyRoyalWeekend publication, there will be a recap of your weekend featured on the WWKD blog featuring a quote by you.
- A quote will be required from you recapping your weekend which will be created into a customized graphic for the blog post, and also shared with you for use.
- We will credit or link to your personal site, profiles or other agreed upon entities in the blog post.
- The content, when posted on the WWKD blog, will fall under WWKD publication agreements, disclosures and other related agreements.
Upon successfully submitting your photos, the WWKD team will get in touch to confirm that the images are in line with editorial guidelines, discuss any details that we need and to schedule a date for publication.
Why should you participate?
- It’s a lot of fun!
- Gain exposure for your personal profile to over 45,000 royal fans through WWKD’s popular social media accounts.
- Share your experience of how Kate has inspired your daily life to help others who may be searching for how.
- Get to know more of the amazing people in the “Kate community”.
- Receive customized graphics of your content and quotes from the WWKD Editorial team.
- Publishing your weekend’s recap on the WWKD site will share your story with thousands of readers around the world.
- Obtain an exclusive “Featured on WWKD” badge which can be shared on your own personal blog or website.
- Opportunities to be involved in future WWKD projects including product testing.
- Inclusion in the WWKD “Year in Review” features for end of 2017.
- Photos to be featured on WWKD’s MyRoyalWeekend page.
Ready To Participate?
Hooray! We are so excited to hear all about your Royal Weekend. Please e-mail us to move forward.
Frequently asked questions
- Do the images have to be taken recently?
- Yes, the images should have all been taken within the last 6 months and be seasonally relevant (for example, sharing photos of a Christmas trip to London could be difficult to schedule for April!). Ideally, they would be taken over the course of the last month over a weekend. However, if you have a special trip or project that you completed longer than 6 months ago that you’d like to share, we will always be open to that – just contact us!
- Can I share images of a product or service that I offer/sell in the posts?
- Yes, although we ask that you keep this to a maximum of two images and ensure that the content is still related to the Duchess under the initial submission details. If this is something you would like to do, WWKD will work with you to ensure that we can help gain you exposure for your product or service while still being in line with our editorial sponsorship and endorsement guidelines.
- Do the images need to be cropped and edited?
- No. We would prefer if you could please send us the unedited photos whenever possible and we will edit and crop them for you to be as uniform as possible with the WWKD Instagram aesthetic. That being said, we can work with you to determine a solution that works.
- Do you offer any compensation for the submissions?